You are at Home> Career
Topics related to our jobs, divided into various career stages in our lives.
Job Choices and Pursuing One’s Dream
- Beware of turning hobbies into jobs
- Can Joining Direct Selling Companies Make You Big Bucks?
- Career: As a calling or to be rich?
- Earning an honest living despite circumstances and physical disabilities
- From bad boy to successful businessman to a contended salaried worker
- Keep your dreams to yourself when your loved ones do not support you
- There is no such thing as a dream job or dream company
- To succeed in your career, follow your passion
- What to do when you follow your heart but start to doubt yourself?
- When your dreams just keep haunting you
Taking a paycut
- Quit the rat race, but have a day job to pay the bills
- Should you take a pay cut in exchange for a life of inner quality?
- Should you work for a cause, or work for the pay?
- So I am back in the corporate world…
- Some lessons I’ve learnt from my paycut job
Improving Work Life & Overcoming Challenges
- A simple way of coping with difficult people
- An interesting interview with a successful corporate figure
- Are you unhappy at work because the job clashes with your personal values?
- Being mindful when working can increase your performance and job satisfaction
- Even though the job sucks, give it your best
- Giving a smile and your heart in what you do makes the world of difference
- Happiness at Work
- How a Boss Can Deal with a Difficult Employee
- How to forgive your parents and your incompetent boss
- How to improve your language communication, both written and spoken
- My experience managing intranet for 10 years for 2 large companies
- Overcoming Bullying- in workplace and in life
- Should you accept that job promotion or better offer?
- Should You Work in Shifts or Regular Hours?
- Teach with passion and you may just change someone’s life
- The mark of an excellant salesman
- When you are just too burnt out to even smile
- Why indulging in office gossip and politics can ruin our life
- Why Not Everyone Chooses to be Workaholic or Performer at Work
Should you quit?
- 6 Considerations Before You Quit Your Day Job (Without a Job)
- Do you still want to be a hawker…or are just burnt out from your job?
- Escape from Corporate America by Pamela Skillings
- Is it wise to quit your job to answer your calling?
- Making the best when you are stuck in a job that you do not love
- No More Mondays by Dan Miller
- Resigning from the job and plunging into the unknown
- Should you just quit your job and go travelling?
- Should you quit your job to blog full time?
- Should you quit your job to pursue your dreams?
- Should you work for a company with questionable principles?
- So you want to be a hawker to escape your job’s stress?
- When you are sick of working with someone else for a living
Students looking for a job
- Academic results is not an indication of a person’s success in life
- Article Series on Holiday/Summer Jobs for Students/Teenagers
- Part 1- Tips for holiday/summer job searches for students/teenagers
- Part 2-Tips for holiday/summer job searches for students/teenagers
- What to do if you cannot find a job after college
- Why holiday/summer jobs can give you a clear insight of what you want to be
Losing one’s job
- A Shy Guy Overcome His Fear of Selling and Now is a Successful Salesman
- Advice to those to be retrenched by Idrus Ismail
- How We Survived the Previous Recession
- Jobless in a land of plenty?
- Keeping the mind occupied and finding purpose after retirement
- Lessons we can learn from seniors who work after retirement